Professional experiences and Positions held
- Visiting Fellow at Dept. of Chemistry, Indian Institute of Sciences, Banglore. (Nov.1994) & (May-June 1997)
- Lecturer in Pharmaceutical Chemistry at Bombay College of Pharmacy (Sept 1986 to July 1992)
- Asst Professor of Pharmaceutical Chemistry at Bombay College of Pharmacy (Aug. 1992 to July 1997)
- Professor of Pharmaceutical Chemistry at Bombay College of Pharmacy (Aug. 1997-till date)
- Chairman of the Ad-hoc Board of Studies for Pharmacy at the University of Mumbai. (2012-2015)
More about the Principal Investigator
- 2015: Springbank Pharmaceuticals (USA) for studies on Anti-infective targets.
- 2014: BASF (Ludwigshafen, Germany) for In silico estimation of drug resistance.
- 2012: Alchem Pvt Limited for Structure-based drug design.
- 2009: USV Pharma for the Molecular dynamic study of peptides.
- 2004: Biocon Limited for Training in structure determination of peptides by NMR.
- 2003: AstraZeneca India Pvt. Ltd for Solution structure of the N-terminal sequence of a bacterial protein by 2D-NMR and molecular modelling methods.
- 1997: Ciba Specialty Chem. Ltd forSemi-empirical and forcefield calculations of organic molecules.
- 1996: Alchemie Research Centre for Molecular modelling and quantum mechanical calculations of organic molecules.
- 1994: Wockhardt Ltd for Computer-aided molecular design and computational chemistry.
Member of important committees and panels
- Member of the “Cluster Development Core Committee”, Ministry of Small Scale Industries, Government of India, 2004.
Member of the Program Advisory Committee of the National Facility for High Field NMR, TIFR, 2003.
Member of Expert Committee of All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) Western region for inspection of Pharmacy colleges in India.
Member of the Expert Committee of Union Public Service Commission, New Delhi for recruitment of pharmacy teachers in India.
Member of the Expert Committee for LIC inspection of technical institutes in India.
Member of the Expert Committee for PCI inspection of Pharmacy institutes in India.
Awards and Honours
- Elsevier's ' Most cited paper award 2008 for the paper "Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry 2006;14(21):7302-10".
- Cipla Distinguished Fellowship in Pharmaceutical Sciences by University Institute of Chemical Technology, Nov. 2003.
- University Grants Commission (UGC) Research Award, May 1999.
- Resident Scholarship to the 1998 Residential School on Medicinal Chemistry, Drew University, Madison, New Jersey, USA, June 8 –12, 1998.
- Career Award for Young Teachers, All India Council of Technical Education, 1995.
- PAMDAL Best Teacher Award for Pharmacy Colleges in Bombay, 1993.
- First Rank in Bombay University at the B.Sc. (Tech.) Exam., 1984.
- Nominated by the Vice-Chancellor to the Senate and Students Council of Bombay University, 1984-85.
- The Dr. M. K. Rangnekar Memorial Bronze Medal, 1984.
- The Prof. M. L. Khorana Memorial Prize, 1984.
- The Prof. J. G. Kane Memorial Prize, 1984.
- The Mrs. R. B. Forster Book Prize, 1984.
- The Mrs. Soonabhai Dadabhoy Master Scholarship in Pharmaceuticals & Fine Chemicals, 1984.
- IDMA – G. P. Nair Award, 1984.
- Naunihal Foundation Scholarship, 1981-84.
- The Shri Brihad Bharatiya Samaj Scholarship 1982-84.
- University Grants Commission – Junior Research Fellowship 1984-86.